For a lot of people, the abdominal is their most difficult problem area. This is not surprising, considering that the stomach is actually where all the excess fats build up. If you’re like everybody else whose problem is concentrated in the middle part of the body, here are three unique yet very effective exercises that you can perform to possibly trim down your waistline.
1. Leg Throws
This exercise is for the lower abdominals and has to be done with a spotter or a partner. You’ll need him to throw or push your legs forward and on each side. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie on your back
- Have the spotter stand a few inches above your head.
- Lift your legs up. The spotter should be able to reach it with his hands.
- Hold on to the spotter’s ankles and ask him to throw your legs forward. Doing so puts you back to the first position. The harder the throw, the better.
- Bring your legs back up at the same speed as it was thrown.
- Repeat all the steps, this time throwing the feet to the left side.
- Do the same with the right side.
- Complete eight counts on each side.
2. Butt ups
This is like a plank exercise, only made differently. It’s very helpful not just for the abdominals but for the entire torso area as well. To do it, follow these steps:
- Lie on your belly.
- Lift yourself up using your toes and forearms. Your body should remain straight.
- Hold that position for five seconds.
- Drop your knees for a second, then lift yourself back up to revert to the original position.
- Hold for another five seconds.
- Repeat these steps until you reach the maximum time of 90 seconds.
3. Figure eights
This fun abdominal exercise feels like belly dancing. But it is recommended for men and women alike. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand with your feet apart. Make the distance as wide as your hips.
- Bend your knees.
- Move your hips in a sideways figure eight motion.
- Staring from the right, take your hips up, move it around, and then go back to the center.
- Do the same for the other side. Put your left hip up, move it around, and go back to the center.
- Do eight repetitions.
These exercises are in no way similar to the traditional abdominal exercises that others are tired of, such as sit ups and crunches. If you’re looking for fun and exciting ab routines, these suggestions are sure to get you interested. These are the not-so high-intensity abdominal exercises that can definitely get the job done.